Ozone (O3) is the high energy state of the oxygen. It is a colorless gas made up of three oxygen atoms. It is used as an alternative therapy to improve the body's intake and use of oxygen and to activate the immune system.
Effects of Ozone
Ozone is absorbed easily through skin and tissues. Ozone that passes into blood enters the cells. Ozone has the following benefits that would lead to an increase in life quality:
- It gives liveliness, youth and health.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It increases the blood circulation by cleaning the arteries and veins.
- It regenerates cells.
- It removes harmful substances from the body.
- It kills germs.
- It relieves pain.
- It has anticarcinogenic effect.
Diseases Treated with Ozone Therapy
Ozone is administered only itself or as a complimentary to classical treatment methods. As a rule, ozone is a complementary therapy. Diseases that can be treated with ozone are as follows:
- Rheumatism: Positive results are achieved in joint rheumatisms such as rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis and muscle rheumatisms. Ozone is administered into the blood, inside of a joint, and the area with pain.
- Low back pain: 75% recovery rate with no recurrence of pain afterwards has been achieved with ozone in low back pain.
- Chronic fatigue: A result can be obtained in a short time due to the reviving effect of ozone.
- Aging: It provides vigor and exhilaration to old patients by regenerating their cells. It leads to a better vision, less pain and smoother regenerated skin. Body immunity increases against infections such as cold and flu.
- Diabetes: Significant improvements were experienced by diabetic patients who have circulatory, sight and kidney disorders, and wounds.
- Hepatitis (A, B, and C): Ozone is highly therapeutic in viral diseases which are difficult or impossible to treat. Ozone is a hope for patients with viral hepatitides such as hepatitis C, and incurable diseases such as AIDS. Ozon therapy can be effective in recovering and slowing down the progress in diseases that affect liver commonly or partially due to alcohol, medications, and other causes
- Dermatologic diseases: Ozone is beneficial in dermatologic diseases such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, persistent fungal infections, herpes simplex, acne, hair loss (alopecia, pelad), and infected wound.
- Wound treatment: Ozone can ensure faster recovery in wounds caused by circulatory disorders, diabetes, trauma, infection and surgery, and wounds heal up following tissue regeneration.
- Vascular diseases: While narrowing and clogged arteries are opened with ozone therapy, new veins form and tissues are supplied with blood. Gangrened tissues can be healed with ozone therapy. Even for those whose arms and legs are to be amputated, after the ozone therapy, surgery may not be necessary or the part to be amputated may be smaller.
- Neurological diseases: Ozone therapy is a complementary treatment in the stroke and paralysis which developed as a result of brain hemorrhage and embolism (a sudden blocking of an artery), in migraine headaches and various neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Degenerative diseases: Ozone therapy has been successful in the diseases such as senile dementia (severe mental deterioration in old age, loss of memory), diabetic retinopathy (a complication of diabetes that affects the eyes), loss of hearing and chronic tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
- Tooth and gingival diseases: Ozone therapy is beneficial in various tooth and gingival diseases such as mouth sores, dental abscesses and non-healing bleeding gum diseases.
- Gastroenterological diseases: Ozone therapy is a practical, affordable and successful complementary therapy in the treatment of ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoid, anal fissure and fistula and gastric ulcer.
- Lung diseases: Ozone therapy is helpful in inflammatory causes like bronchitis, and various lung diseases such as asthma, emphysema and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- Infections: Acute and chronic microbial diseases, and cases resistant to antibiotic or other medications benefit from ozone therapy.
- Eye diseases: Age-related macular degeneration is one of the diseases in which ozone therapy proved to be beneficial and successful. Ozon therapy can stop the worsening in these diseases, and even lead to recovery.
- Kidney diseases: In the recent kidney diseases such as kidney failures, ozone therapy stops the poor progress and boosts the quality of life.
- Cancer: Cancer patients can benefit from the ozone therapy in order to relieve the side effect of ongoing cancer treatments. Problems such as nausea, vomiting and hair loss may be minimized or eliminated. The cancer patient can feel her/himself lively and in a good fit. Ozon therapy can also complement chemotherapy and radiotherapy by stopping the reproduction of cancerous cells.
- Anti-aging and revitalization: Ozone can activate the blood cells and provide a general well-being. Person feels her/himself rejuvenated. Physical endurance enhances.
Ozone is always used in a mixture with oxygen. Amount and proportion of ozone are determined by the physician in accordance with patient’s condition. Ozone therapy methods are as follows:
- Ozonizing through blood
- Major ozonizing: Blood is ozonized in a special set, and then given back to the patient.
- Minor ozonizing: Ozonized blood is injected back to the patient’s muscle.
- Ozone bagging: Organs such as foot and arm are bagged in a special bag. Bag is closed, and ozone is given into it.
- Giving ozone gas (blowing): Ozone gas is given with an ozone generator to certain body areas (e.g. rectal, vaginal) by means of special set and hoses.
- Ozone injection: It is given with a syringe to the treatment area (intraarticular, intramuscular).
- Ozonated water: It is used in dentistry and for the treatment of dermatological injuries. Patients drink the ozonated water generated with the help of special devices for the treatment of gastric ulcer.
- Ozonated oil: It can be applied directly on the treatment area. It can be also drunk.
- Nasal inhalation: Ozonated oil is sprayed into the nose with special sets.
Rules to follow in order to exploit the benefits of ozone therapy
- Blood and infected area ozonizing should be conducted together. Ozone is primarily administered through two ways. Most the applications are made into the blood as major and minor ozonizing, and a small portion is applied to the infected area. The most effective application is to administer ozone to both blood and infected area. Thus, ozone’s effectiveness increases, targeted disease recovers sooner, and cells are regenerated. Diseases such as diabetes, asthma, ulcer and colitis get better, and the patient feels her/himself in a livelier mood.
- Therapy sessions should be completed. Although it depends on the patient, full effectiveness of the ozone can be achieved for major and minor ozonizing in 10-15 sessions, and for local ozonizing in 3-5 sessions. To accomplish a full well-being, you should complete all the sessions your physician recommends.
- Major and minor ozonizing should be repeated with specific intervals with a view to achieving a constant effectiveness. You should repeat the ozonizing every week or month as instructed by your physician in order to avoid diseases such as cold and flu, and feel energetic.